Sunday 31 July 2016

Testimony of Pastor Peter

Pastor Peter with his interpreter and the worship team.
Two weeks ago I was like in a boxing match. A bee stung me and my faced swelled and I had fever. I had to go to Ipoh but I just praise the Lord the whole way. That evening the Lord healed me.

Whenever we have a problem we have a sad face and wonder what God is doing to me. Have I done something wrong? That is Satan's attempt to deceive. There are problems in the world and it attacks everyone but the Lord's people will stand firm. Every problem will draw us closer to the Lord so that we can cling on to him.

But one day the Lord led me to the Ambassador of Christ Bible school. So I reduced my business because there is less time and to walk by faith.When I serve the Lord in Thailand, I had a church that was fairly big. And I had a bakery shop to support myself and the church. Both was doing quite well. Each day the income from the bakery was about 20,000 baht. And people start coming to the church.

Before that I was depending on myself to work hard and help the church. But God was beginning to change things for me. Actually come to think of it everything that was successful was because of God. At the end of my studies at Bible school, the Lord spoke to me to go to Penang. I did not know Penang at that time.

I prayed to the Lord to show me some signs. The Lord showed me three times. It was the third person that invited me to go to Penang. So the Lord was narrowing the area of consideration for me.

I told the Lord that if you want me to go give me the ticket and passport to go there. I never used my passport for a long time, so it was not usable.

Two weeks before I was due to go, there was complete silence so it was a time of doubt but I still believed.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.


The next week on Tuesday, a person came and blessed me with 2,000 baht and I knew that was for the passport. So I went and made my passport. On Thursday another person came and gave 14,000 baht, the exact amount for my plane ticket. I asked the person to book online for me but it wasn't successful. And so he asked me to go buy at the airport counter. I went with that money but the price of the ticket went up double. The amount was not enough.

But the plane is there, thank God. Because the Lord has told us to thank him at all times whatever the situation. Why thank God? I gave you an example. An athlete that is competing will not stop running until the time is up. Every runner will have the idea to do the best to succeed. Every time you run towards the finish line you'll have the strength to go on. Even if we cannot see the answer we will still thank the Lord. We will thank God first and we will see the success. This is the reason why God wants us to thank him.

We do not know how God will provide for us to go to Penang but we know God will provide. We packed and got ready to go. On Friday I went to Bible school as usual and the lady that met me on Thursday ran out and told me to go to the airport because the ticket was confirmed so we can go to Penang. God can change the situation if you believe in the Lord who can help us.

When we arrived in Penang, that church had a revival meeting. I sat at the back row and after the worship the senior pastor walked towards us. And she prophesied. You're the couple that will serve the Lord in Penang. Come with faith and stay. The Lord will bless. Hallelujah.

That trip was only for one week. On our way back to Bangkok, we prayed to the Lord and asked how do we stay in Penang? My English is not good but the Lord said go and evangelise the Thai people so that they can hear about the good news of Jesus. The Thais may not understand other language but they will understand Thai very well. I told the Lord I will go to Penang if you provide.

The Lord sent someone from another place to Bangkok. This family was coming to Bangkok to study the Bible. So I gave the bakery and church to this young man and his family so that I can come to Penang. By faith we went to the market and coffee shop to make friends with the Thai people and to talk about Jesus. We shared our testimonies to them. Witnessing.

Many people talk about good news but they do not have the experience. They must have the experience because it's the truth. He's alive and he helps us. Amen?

One day there was a lady that became a Christian and asked us to visit somebody. At Bukit Jambul with many apartment flats. Six blocks. On the way to visit the family with this lady, my wife whispered to m, "I've no sanitary napkins". Where's the money for it? The Lord provided, I'll tell you. The Lord did not provide from a human being. Or through the person we visited because we did not tell anybody.

If we say the Lord is great and he provides but we go and ask? We just trusted the Lord. After we visited and came down to the ground floor and was about to leave the building itself. All of a sudden there was a huge storm. We retreated into the building. The wind was so strong. And something dropped in front of us. A large box of sanitary napkins just dropped in front of us. I cried. There's no one or do we have any relatives in Penang. I couldn't ask from anyone but the Lord knows. There was no other way. The Lord was with us. He was ready to answer. When we remain strong trusting him. The Lord answered at the right time. Don't give up and trust in the Lord.

I will talk about a place in Thailand called Nasi Thong, the house of victory. When I was praying about asking God for a plane for us, a friend called us asking us to go visit him near the airport in Penang. We went and met a humble couple. And we talked to him about God's ministry in that house. We took our friend there and we saw him for a bit but after that we called one another and he asked us to come to see our place of worship. We looked at the fourth floor and said it's too big for the Thai church. We went to the third floor and also said too big. Then we saw another room and said that's perfect. We went back and prayed about it and the Lord confirmed that's the place.

The first Sunday I came and realised he's the Senior Pastor. Pastor Gideon. We could relate to one another. When I talked to some people about the miracle in my life some people do not believe. But he believed in the Lord and he does miracles. We began to meet on the third floor to minister to the Thais.

And another time he invited us to his office and talked about Nasi Thong. I said very nice but I have no interest. Two days after that the Lord worked in my heart and I began to have interest. So I talked to the Lord. Lord show me a sign that this is what you want me to do. The next morning somebody sent me an email that he wants to send his son to stay with me. I said okay. Normally it takes about two week to make the arrangements. But the Lord worked so fast the next day he arrived.

The man who brought his son is a chief policeman. He is the one who controls three provinces in South Thailand. He talks about helping drug addicts and he said he will help. And I believed that's a sign from the Lord.

I called pastor and started visiting Nasi Thong. The house of victory is almost ready. Like a pregnant woman about to give birth. Labour pains. But hasn't given birth yet. You are the doctors that is going to assist in the birth. Everything that we do we do it by faith.

I drive there myself and there are expenses for the car, petrol and the Lord has provided and given his blessing in so many ways. I don't have a monthly salary. The Thai church don't give me a salary. We walk by faith and the Lord has provided. The Lord is saying to you that in order to give you his blessings, when you hear from God you will see his blessings.

No comments:

God's Work by God's Power

Pastor Melinda Song Zechariah 4:1-6 (NIV) 1  Then the angel who talked with me returned and wakened me, as a man is wakened from hi...