Sunday 17 May 2015

What is Jesus saying?


Rev Robert Benjamin Gal (Ps Bob)
Chaplain Emeritus of Edmonton Community Chaplaincy Association, Canada

It is a privilege to be here. Am I here to preach a sermon or to speak what God wants. The first song, A Friend Of God really brought in the presence of God.

What is Jesus saying to us today?

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. Do you want to hear what this Canadian is saying or what God is saying? He is the King of kings and the Lord of lords and he call us friend.

He is in this room in our midst. Not Angels. The King of kings. Jesus Christ is in the house. The one who died on the cross, rose again and ascended to the Father is the same Jesus that is here today.

I feel it's only faith the we must truly acknowledge him. When royalty comes into the house we welcome him. Let's stand and welcome the King of kings.

You have a beautiful city. We see so much beauty but what does God see?

Amos 8:11
“The days are coming,” declares the Sovereign Lord,
“when I will send a famine through the land–
not a famine of food or a thirst for water,
but a famine of hearing the words of the Lord.

There is a famine and it is not a famine of food. It is a famine of his words. There are many who lives in big buildings but there is a famine. But here when I came in I sense this place has the word of God. I think you have to be at the family camp. I believe God is going to pour his Spirit on you and if you're not there you're going to miss it.

I hope it cost you more to go. That you have to eat rice and not chicken because you need to save up to go to camp. I don't know who the speaker is and I think it does not matter to God because God is speaking.

There is a big difference between hearing from a man of God and from God.

Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’’”

I believe God has a word for your pastor. And he is hungry for God's word. Not man's word. And if God is coming, you better change all your plans and appointments and make sure you're there because he is the King. This is not democracy but theocracy.

If every time you come back home and you see a spread of food you go ahhh. But if the food gets less and less until there is just a spoonful of food, you'll appreciate that piece of chicken. That's why God is bringing a famine. He's sending it because he loves you. How much time are we giving to God. Is there a famine?

Amos 9:11
Israel’s Restoration
“In that day I will restore
David’s fallen tent.
I will repair its broken places,
restore its ruins,
and build it as it used to be,

This is after the famine. This is after Amos 8. If you are a Jew and you hear this, you will question what you mean by all the nations. We are Israel.

We want presence not atmosphere. I'm from Canada so I know what I'm talking about. Pray for us. When you don't have his presence you need to create the atmosphere. It's a very sober time. You can be in a tin shack and his presence is everything. You want his presence.

David knew where the glory of God is. The ark while being carried almost fell over and the man who tried to stop it touched the ark and was killed instantly. There was no cloud, or fire or pillar, the remnant of God's presence was still enough to kill the man.

This is what God said when he said he will restore David's tent. God is going to do a new thing.

My son pastor in a small village in Canada and in 2010, God said he will pour out his spirit on the islands. The great move of God is going to come from the ends of the earth. I think it's going to come around here, just saying.

Acts 15:5
Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law of Moses.”

The Pharisees wanted them to follow tradition. They tell them they must do this and that or they cannot do this or that. They were trying to bring back the law. Then Peter stood up and said what God is doing there. Then Barnabas and James. Every man, woman or child can come into the presence of God, circumcised or not. We are between the law and the temple.

Do you want the glory of God again? Then this is what Jesus is saying today. Those whom I love I rebuked.

Revelation 3:19
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent.

This is not a commercial for camp. Do you want him? Have you lost your first love? He's knocking.

Revelation 3:20
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

He will come in and commune with you. Do you long for this? Christ is longing for you. 

No comments:

God's Work by God's Power

Pastor Melinda Song Zechariah 4:1-6 (NIV) 1  Then the angel who talked with me returned and wakened me, as a man is wakened from hi...