Sunday 10 May 2015

Pastor Joanne's Testimony


Pastor Joanne Ng 

You want to hear my story? I think Pastor Gideon have not heard my story before.

My father came from China and is a temple worshipper. He goes to the temple for four digit. I was actually given to the goddess of mercy when young. When I was 11 years old, my mother worship the god of the monkey and when she was going to put the joss stick into the bowl, she suddenly went into a trance.

She can go into a trance at any time.  Even when having a meal, her bowl can go flying. So my father was proud and decided to turn our home into a temple. And everything was red.

Then one day, my mother came home with a sword. And she used it to cut her tongue to draw blood. She would cut herself and indeed there's power in the blood.

She would also throw spikes to draw blood from her back. And she would even use a skewer to poke her cheek and when she draws it out there's no blood.

And I was fearful at the time. And after my mum goes into a trance I'll need to carry her home. I was only 12 and it put a lot of fear in me but I didn't tell anyone. After the trance she'll be very tired.

Then one day a friend told me if you know Jesus you never have to do this. That Jesus loves me. My mother drink, smoke and gamble at the temple. But my friend told me Jesus won't do this. Even at the temple my 7 year old brother knocked out for 2 days because they gave him brandy at the temple.

Then I received Jesus and the fear left. And I prayed for many many years for my mum. Do you think my mum became a Christian? Is it easy for a medium to become a Christian?

Actually it's easy because she's empty inside. Only demons and she's forced actually, so Jesus can free her.

Let me sing a song before I continue. It's about a father's love. If you do wrong, do you think your father will still love you? A father's love is unconditional.

After I became a Christian my mother became very angry. I'm a medium and you became a Christian. You made me loose face. I'm a temple medium and you became a Christian. But my friends prayed for me and even though my mum wanted to throw me out of the home,  it never happened.

So one day my mum even told me not to eat food offered to idols. Love can change a person. So my mum will follow me to church and to Christmas service and especially cell group. Cell group is important as many in my family got saved at cell groups.

One day I took my mum to an evangelistic service and during  altar call she raised both her hands. She some more shouted hallelujah. I almost fainted. Everyone was looking at us. Then when she went home she still bought apple and prayed at the altar. So I told my mum you don't have to do that anymore. That Jesus loves her and she don't have to be afraid. It was out of fear she prayed at the altar.

So I told her she don't have to be afraid. And she listened to me because she wanted peace. She had no peace praying at the altar. And she got baptised. Praise the Lord. Let's give God a hand.

Now I sing you a hokkien song.

Now I want to talk about after my mum became a Christian and after a few years she passed away but I thanked God she was a Christian before she passed away.

My father came from China so he is a typical Chinaman so I think in my mind he'll never become a Christian. At 73 years old my father got stage 4 lung cancer. So I was so worried because he is not a Christian. They gave him morphine and can only give him every 4 hours or he will die. But after 2 hours his pain came back so I asked if I can pray for him. That time my mother was still a medium. So my father said every time after I prayed for him the pain left. So I asked if he wants to accept Jesus. He said crazy ah, I'm over 70 years old, where to hide my face if I become a Christian.

Then one day I heard him in a phone call with a friend that he wants to go to church. When I heard I was so happy. So I asked him again whether he wants to be a Christian and again he said he won't as he wont know where to hide his face. He told me don't ask again. So what to do? You pray! You pray with tears, wet prayer because the doctors said he has 2 weeks left.

Two weeks later as I went to see him I saw him so happy smiling, sitting up on his bed. I thought he must be high from the morphine. You can get high on morphine or codeine. He told me to call the pastor as he wants to receive Jesus and be baptised. I don't know where he heard of that. He wanted a priest. I'm AOG where got priest. That time I'm not a pastor yet. So I went to a Catholic Church nearby and asked for the priest. He's an "ang mor" but he spoke mandarin. My father had a Christian name Joseph. So the priest prayed and baptised my father. And he was at peace and slept so well that night.

I will tell you one more testimony. Do we have time? Maybe I sing one more song and then I'll share one more testimony and then I'll make an altar call for salvation.

Each time you receive Jesus there will be persecution. When my father became a Christian my elder brother became very angry. I gave a small cross to my father but my brother threw away the cross. But I forgave him because he didn't know what he did. But two years later my brother and his whole family received Jesus. In his house there were 5 idols and he asked the pastor to remove the idols except one. It's an Indian god. I asked why he didn't remove that he said oh, it's not mine. It's a friend who "tumpang" at the altar. God also can tumpang.

He didn't remove the Indian snake god and a snake entered his house. He called me and said why he's a Christian a snake still entered his house ? I said you have the snake god there but never prayed to it so the snake came in. So he called the pastor to remove the idol and returned it to his friend and cleanse the home.

Last testimony about God who can deliver us from financial problems. How many of you have experienced that?

I was not a Christian when I got married. I was young and got married at 22. And we went through a rocky marriage. So after I received Jesus I fasted and prayed for my husband. After 2 years he became a Christian. So fast.

My husband has a brick factory. In the 1997 crisis, my husband's business went into debt because he couldn't collect payment so the bank wanted to come and take his machines because he couldn't furnish the loan. My husband is a true businessman so he told the bank come la.

I told my husband now that we are Christian why don't we pray. So my husband called all the cell members to have a special cell meeting just to pray for the situation. Thank God for the cell.

The next day he went to collect money by faith and he collected so much. A few hundred thousand. It is impossible because everybody had no money. It is God. God is good.

Now I want to be a little serious. I want to talk about salvation. We are sinners but God gave his son who shed his blood and died on the cross for you. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him will never die. Our body die but our soul will never die. You are God's son and you matter to him. He comes for you.

Our greatest sin is not that we murder or burn down houses. The greatest sin is that we deny him. He gave us everything yet we worship other gods. He will not only give you eternal
life but your life will change. You have to come back to him. Don't wait or it may be too late. 

No comments:

God's Work by God's Power

Pastor Melinda Song Zechariah 4:1-6 (NIV) 1  Then the angel who talked with me returned and wakened me, as a man is wakened from hi...