Sunday 10 November 2013

The Last Days

Rev Jeremiah Abel

It's good to be home. Amen?

Sis Abel is recovering very well from a knee replacement surgery and she and my daughters send their greetings. 

I want to say some things before I preach. Now, I am not a writer. But I have this habit. I promote books. And it is for your benefit. I am going to put your pastor on the spot today. Okay pastor?

I am going to bless you. There was so much emphasis on prayer. So this book, praying effectively for the lost is appropriate. This is an excellent book to read. There are three other books I brought. This book "The Harbinger" is fantastic. It's a tremendous book on nine warnings. The warnings for the States after 911. "The Israel Omen". Someone passed me this book and asked me to read it. It is amazing. This book mentions some coincidence that has happened but there have been tremendous calamity that hit the states every time they tried to go against God's word. One more book, "The Cross in the Shadow of the Crescent." What is the cross? Jesus. The crescent? Islam or Muhammad. I don't know if you can get this book now. I got it from Amazon. It's an excellent book which I recommend to all pastors and church elders to read. 

Have you heard of the blood moon? It seems NASA has mapped out the next four blood moons. They don't make mistakes. They consider everything before sending things up including the weather. It seems the eclipse of the moon showed impending judgements on the Gentiles. But when it's a blood moon, it was calamity on the Jews. The first happened in 1493. When the Spanish Inquisition took place, they landed in America. Then during the holocaust, many Jews were killed. And because of this they managed to form the nation of Israel in 1948. But they were attacked by the Arab nations including Samaria and Jordan. In 1967, Israel was threatened to be wiped off the map. That was also a blood moon date. But God protected them and they won the war in 6 days. That's why it's called the Six-Day War. 

The four blood moons coming over the next two years – on the Jewish Passovers on April 15, 2014, and April 4, 2015, and the Feasts of Tabernacles on Oct. 8, 2014, and Sept. 28, 2015. 

All within two years. There have been all kinds of prophecy about this but be careful about this. These dates all fall during a Jewish festival. The Passover Festival and the Feast of Tabernacle. Remember, every blood moon brings calamity to the nation of Israel. I want to encourage you to get on your knees and pray as we are living at the very end of the church age. God has set its time and the church has a time period. 

You need to understand this. Now we are going into the word of God. Why do I say we are living at the end days. 

Joel 2:30-32
“And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:
Blood and fire and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.
32 And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the Lord
Shall be saved.
For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance,
As the Lord has said,
Among the remnant whom the Lord calls.

Do you believe God's word is true and eternal? Who is saying it? God. Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord. This is referring to the second coming of Jesus. 

Acts 2:17-20
‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in heaven above
And signs in the earth beneath:
Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.

They are saying the same thing. And I am saying we are at the last days of the church age. 

Remember Wednesday when pastor Tony Saxon was here? I didn't know that he was the speaker and I liked that he laid down his ground rules. That he did not agree with some of the prophets around. But when he called me, everything he said about me was right. God had dealt with me. 

I have been invited to many places the latest being India. And I want you to pray for me as I will be travelling quite a bit. And I pray for good health. I believe the coming of the Lord is imminent. 

Luke 21:25-28
The Coming of the Son of Man
25 “ And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 26 men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

Who is speaking this? The Lord Jesus is speaking this. He is saying the same things. There will be signs. These are signs that God has ordained. Not man. Not NASA. NASA only has the dates. It is God who is in control of the sun and the moon. 

Genesis 1:14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years;
They will be for signs. It's the same. The whole world is talking about what has happened at the Philippines. "The sea and the waves roaring". Look at how close we are. There will be signs and distresses in nations. The tidal waves that hit them was like a tsunami and hit them a mile long inland. As believers we should not be fearful because the bible says these are signs. Jesus' coming is imminent so you and I needs to be prepared. 
27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

How long has it been since the time of Joel till now. It was 2,800 years ago that Joel spoke about Jesus coming in glory. We are living in a time that is so close. As much as we are living in a time like this what are we doing about it?

How many of you like to be the apostle Paul? How many of you know he wrote most of the NT. He was one who has such revelations from God. 

1 Corinthians 11:1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.

Imitate, pattern after me, copy me. Let's see how he conducted himself. If we follow after Jesus then lets also follow after Paul. Let's look at the Roman epistle. 

Romans 1:14-16 I am a debtor both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to wise and to unwise. 15 So, as much as is in me, I am ready to preach the gospel to you who are in Rome also. 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Let's look at v16 first. He is not ashamed of the gospel because it is salvation for everyone. He was the persecutor of the church. Are we ashamed of the gospel? We cannot afford to be ashamed anymore. We cannot be tight lip about Jesus. You have relatives that are not saved. Your neighbours. Your work place. We need to take hold of the gospel. We need to be so thankful to God because he has saved us. He is our role model. We cannot be ashamed of the gospel. It is the power of God unto salvation. We are responsible for those around us. 

He was persecuted. He was stoned yet he did not give up. Even as a prisoner he was not ashamed.  Even in the prison he was not ashamed of the gospel. 

v14 I am obligated. Debtor. He owes the sharing of the gospel to others. Do you feel that you feel you owe the gospel to those around you? I pray that all if you will feel obligated to share with others. 
v15 so eager, so ready to preach. Sometimes we like to put off. Later la. Procrastinate. Come on. He went round and round in various cities and churches to encourage them and he is coming back to Rome, and is eager, no obligated to share the gospel. 

My prayer this morning is that you take hold of these text really seriously. To be ready. So what are you doing? Folks be ready. I see your poster, called out ones. I see the orange poster, Harvest Mission, RM200,000.00. Reach already? RM40,000.00 more. Hello? We don't have much time. One more month only. 

This is the best time to invest in God's work. It is for eternity. We don't have much time left. It is not going to rust or rot. There will be people coming to thank you for your investment. 

I really feel the time is so wicked that we need to spend time in prayer and to give to God's work. We are obligated to share the gospel so we cannot be quiet any more. 

No comments:

God's Work by God's Power

Pastor Melinda Song Zechariah 4:1-6 (NIV) 1  Then the angel who talked with me returned and wakened me, as a man is wakened from hi...